Security is the utmost concern for all the personal computer users, Government agencies, private companies, educational institutions as well as other R&D divisions. In fact the cyber crime and cyber security became the two kinds of science under the bigger umbrella of Information Technology. There are few tools and technology which are much popular in the context of the cyber security are Firewall, Antivirus, SSL, NIDS both network based & host based.
Installation of these tools in any computer can provide security from two kinds of attacks.
1. Pattern Matching
2. Anomaly Detection
1. These tools are not at all life time security providers as they have certain database to match the pattern of any known attack or vulnerabilities and it needs to be updated.
2. These software are platform dependant and CPU hungry while in active mode. It runs on background and slows down other application’s performances.
3. Users get confused with different kinds of security related tool and their usages.
4. Increased number of cyber attack enforces to develop patch and the database for the security tools get increase more and more. In very near future a time will come when the pattern file of any antivirus program will go in GBs.
5. When any system is affected by incurable viruses get formatted, then installing security tools again every time may become another head ach for the user.
SMART BRAIN SECURITY DEVICE (SBSD)
1. Antivirus, Firewall and NIDS (Network Intrusion Detection System) and other security related tools may be installed on board of the SBSD. The device can be fixed and work as an in between the PC and the external world. It can be fit to USB port and need not to be updated manually.
2. The device may have a hi-end microcontroller to execute the security tools. The security tool should dependant on the hardware platform of the SBSD not the workstation.
3. This device should be transportable as well as pluggable to other workstation as and when required.
4. The virtual memory concept can be implemented to reduce the memory overhead on the device.
5. The device should GRID enabled to access unused processing power for workstation within the GRID.
6. Self Healing Component should be incorporated in to the device and the reincarnation server, Hypervisor and runtime environment should be present to avoid making the main workstation to which it is attached hassle free.
A COMPLETE INDEPENDENT SMART BRAIN SECURITY DEVICE WHICH CAN DO ALL KIND OF SECURITY RELATED JOB WITH OUT HAMPERING THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PARENT COMPUTER. A DEVICE CAPABLE OF SELF UPDATING, SELF HEALING AND INDEPENDENT PROCESSER AS WELL AS OPERATING SYSTEM CAN CHANGE THE LIFE OF SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR MUCH MORE EASIER.