While technology is constantly giving us new ways of doing things, there are some things that inflexibly stay the same. Take the good old cardboard box, for example: 90 percent of all products shipped are still sent using some type of cardboard packaging. So what do we do with all of it once items have been safely removed from their boxes? Unfortunately, we usually break down the boxes and toss them in recycling—but if we would just give it a little thought, the possibilities are almost endless. Cardboard can be bent, cut, painted, wrapped, and configured in almost any way you can imagine. Saving trees is nothing but saving our nature. But how? Just think about packing boxes and thermocolos used in packaging of TVs, Refrigerators, washing machines etc. We are receiving things like mobile, shooes etc. in well packed cardboard boxes. What we do next after unpacking the things, we throw out boxes, thermocol and other stuff. So can we make something pretty, useful and robust out of it? Answer is yes!! We can, it requires little creativity, efforts and very less amount of money. It’s having fun to develop or create something which is appealing and made by your own without affecting your pocket. You need not to buy costly antique items; instead you can create them in very less cost.
The cardboard furniture made by me for home décor and believes me nobody believes it has been made from cardboard. It is used as furniture for home theatre sound of TV. I used packing box used for LED TV and one thermocol as shown in picture. Requirements: Cardboard of packing box, Thermocol straight piece, pencil, primer paint, brush, cutter, acrylic paint, fevicol.
1. Take a box and mark a layout on cardboard by imagining how it will look after folding. Then cut and fold it.
2. Put thermocol piece at center of structure as a pillar for support and glue it to base.
3. Glue all open corners and folds firmly by sticky tape or fevicol wherever possible.
4. Apply uniform coat of primer on cardboard. It is required to give strength to cardboard and making uniform paint on it.
5. It will take time for primer to dry sufficiently or else you put whole structure under sun for fast drying. You can feel that cardboard becomes hard after drying of primer coat.
6. Now take acrylic dark orange color or color of your choice to get feel of plywood after painting. Paint it and wait to dry.
1. Cost effective & Manufactured in less time
2. Sustainability is longer
3. Aesthetic and ergonomic design
4. Flexibility in design
5. Appearance flexibility
6. No maintenance
7. Strength to weight ratio is high
8. Creative ways can be explore further to change design and appearance
9. User friendly easy to handle, light weight design hence able to move easily for cleaning floor under it
10. Light weight design easy to transport
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Type of entry:individual
Ashish is inspired by:NATURE. PACKAGING OF THINGS IN CARDBOARD AND WATSE OF IT AFTER UNPACKING IS ULTIMATELY INCREASING THE DEMAND OF CUTTING TREES FOR PACKAGING INDUSTRY. HOUSEHOLD CRAETIVITY WILL HELP IN REUSING CARDBOARD WITH LOW COST.