Wings in Figure are in tandem configuration to have the capability of heavy payload applications due to efficient lift generation. Blended body fuselage and End plates are
configured with tandem wing, in order to acquire the low power consumption for long endurance by reducing the drag over the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. Since blended body fuselage and end plates are configured with tandem wing, it was found that there is a lack of lateral stability in the mentioned new configuration with the tandem wings, end plates & blended body fuselage. To overcome that instability, twin tail with the dorsal fin is configured with tandem wing, blended fuselage and end plates. All together putting a novel configuration with low power consumption & high stability for long endurance and heavy payload applications.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
- Name:Sai Vinay Sandapeta
- Type of entry:teamTeam members:Sai Kiran Parre, Gopavaram Sai Pradyumna Reddy, Yakkaluru Dedeepya, Englae Arathi, Jyothi Sushma, Durgesh Kamat, Mitta Venkata Naga Charan Nath, Tiruveedhula Lakshmi Naveen.
- Number of times previously entering contest:2
- Sai Vinay's favorite design and analysis tools:XFLR5, MachUp, Simscale, Simflow, CATIA V5, ANSYS
- Sai Vinay's hobbies and activities:Aeromodelling
- Sai Vinay belongs to these online communities:SAE INTERNATIONAL
- Sai Vinay is inspired by:Nature - biomimicry
- Patent status:pending