To extract professional-quality espresso, it requires 20Bar(290psi) pressure. And, mechanically it requires a water pump to disperse the hot water onto ground coffee.
In a conventional espresso-making apparatus, electric-powered water pumps for indoor use, and hand-pump-powered espresso makers have been widely used. However, the critical problems with these prior arts are:
- Requires Electricity
- Heavy Weight & Space taking of Motor Pump
- Manual-Hand Pump Espresso Maker requires a user:
to manually operate the pump avg 30 times and hold the pump steady while extracting
- Manual-Hand Pump can not place the Unit on the Cup while extracting
- Repetitive Pumping tire-out user’s hand which results in the inconsistency of espresso
This invention uses Vacuum Energy (vacuumed down & sealed in manufacturing) as Espresso Extracting pumping force.
The vacuum is the only energy source that can be used as Potential Spring Energy known that:
- it keeps pressure constant regardless of working temperature(No Viscous Damping)
- Stored Energy can be Stored in ‘ZERO(Micro)’ Space.
- Weight of Resistance Energy is ‘ZERO’.
- Green, Zero CO2, No Nitrogen, No Oil.
Vacuum is known as Contraction Force. And by nature, the contraction force increase as the vacuum expands.
This Portable Espresso maker comprises:
- A Vacuum powered cylindric Vacuum Pump,
- Having a Vacuum Energy(that is Vacuumed down to contraction pressure at 20Bar) sealed and stored in a Cylindrical spring with an internal Piston(with Rod) that its movement expands the ‘Stored Vacuum Energy’ within the cylinder,
- And consisting of an External Piston at the end of said Rod which functions as a Water Pumping plunger,
- And, concaved space formed towards to internal piston, and a Cable that is re-windable with one end connected to 1:4 ratio block & tackle pulley system attached to concaved space, and another end connected to a rotationally attached cable winder to the outer end of the cylinder,
- And, a protruded member on a said Rod is guided by a concaved rail formed in the wall of said concaved space which functions as speed control(consistent pressure throughout the pumping cycle) when vacuum contracting force pulls the inner piston, and,
- Lastly, further consists of conventional espresso extracting gear components(Coffee Filter Basket, Hot Water Chamber, Puck Screen) as attachable assembly module that is attachable to the external piston end of said main Vacuum Pump.
Espresso Making Process:
- Turn Winder(1:4 Pulley), this will Pull the piston to generate a vacuum inside the pump, and set it aside.
Winder Rotational Force Calculation:
72.5psi=5kgf Torque Force,
(An average person can Torque 100N(10kgf))
- Put your favorite ground coffee into Filter Basket.
- Assemble the Filter Basket onto Water Chamber.
- Pour Hot Water into Water Chamber Assembly.
- Assemble Water Chamber with the Main Vacuum Pump
- Place it on top of a Cup and Push the “PUSH” button on top to release the piston.
- Voilà~ Enjoy Your Barista Quality Espresso
Fresh Espresso Anywhere!~ Outdoor, Train, Airplane, and to an Office!
* The Vacuum Generating method is the same described in Contest Entry No.11643
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
- Name:Will Jeonghwan Kang
- Type of entry:individual
- Will Jeonghwan is inspired by:Thinking is Breathing.
Thinking is Addiction.
Every thought process is challenging but
it's an enjoyable and rewarding process.
- Patent status:pending