What problem does your design idea solve?
· Typical cars run on gas or batteries; two fuel sources. Now they carry the heavy loads of an internal combustible engine, gasoline fuel, alternator and storage batteries.
· Solar cars have the same problems; the weight of solar panels, alternator / battery charger and storage batteries.
· Both type cars must recharge or re-fuel. Drivers must ensure their destination is within reach and continue to pay at the pump.
The Magnetic-Levitating Vehicle removes the heavy weight; removes costs of fuel; and provides easy-upgrades by recoating the surface with latest thin-film efficient PV technologies.
What are the potential benefits?
The cost of the Magnetic-Levitating Vehicle is sub-divided by having a vehicle that does not get re-fueled; made of light-weight carbon fiber materials; and does use fossil fuels or burn alternative fuels that pollute the air.
How is your idea novel or an improvement on what is currently available in the marketplace?
The Magnetic-Levitating Vehicle is a multi-tasking Electric Vehicle:
EV1 – Structural, lightweight frame and shell; carbon fiber and runs on the natural repulsion of alternative opposing magnetic forces. Nano-particles controlled by nano-processors to alternate the North – South polarity and both levitate [electro-dynamic suspension] and directional controls.
EV2 – The shell can be adapted with thin-film [CIGS] solar technologies, which can continuously recharge, replenished and re-jolt the magnetic fly-wheel to forward motion while also providing the levitating forces to overcome friction and inertia.
· Nanosolar http://www.nanosolar.com/ ; copper indium gallium selenide
· Konarka Technologies http://www.konarka.com/
· Innovalight http://www.innovalight.com/
EV3 –Pollution and burning fuel is non-existent and nothing to expelled, thus a cleaner surrounding highway without smog.
EV4 – Colorful and low maintenance coatings have embedded nano-chip sensors that records electrical efficiency; a 15+ year usage notification and the coating is re-finished with an upgraded advanced thin-film PV technology coating.
EV5 – No more fuel costs.
· Where would this idea be applied? What is the market potential?
Single passenger cars daily trip to work; get fully recharged in the sunny parking lot; absorbing the solar PV energy. When vehicle is “filled”, the solar-waste of generated electricity is returned to the grid.
· How does your design work? How would your product be manufactured?
Vehicle manufacturer applies painted finishes PV thin-film coating technologies. Processes are automated and minimize redundant routine tasks.
· How would the production cost compare with products already in the marketplace?
By using one product to solve multiple needs, the Life-Cycle Costs can be lowered exponentially.
The best design benefits are NOT having to:
· Extract, transport and process oil or bio-fuels.
· Burn fuels that cause heat, air-pollution and residual wastes.
· Build infrastructure of fuel stations.
· Destroy and consume natural resources and transportation costs,
Building the Magnetic-Levitating Vehicle and put America back to work.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Name: Ken Hong
Type of entry: individual
Software used for this entry:
Patent status: none