In this time of inflation and space crisis in the manufacturing and construction industry, there is a tool that could do much more than its operation. There are tools available in the market similar with multiple functionality, but the uniqueness in this tool is that each operation is done at the angle of convenience; e.g., the most comfortable position for angle grinding is while holding the grinder at an angle to the work piece and the hand holding the tool parallel to the work piece. In the modern world all workshop and repair shops use electric tools for quicker, easier and better results. In workshops handling large equipment, on site work or even a household repair battery powered tools are widely used, but all these tools come for a high price and a single tool serves its own solitary purpose.
This tool comes with exchangeable heads and can do the following operations:
This tool has the following parts:
1) Motor and Battery Unit - This unit serves as the base for each operational head; it houses the motor (high torque, high rpm) and the battery which is interchangeable and rechargeable. The motor has a shaft ending with a key (not shown). The housing is made in two halves by plastic injection molding and the grips are made by rubber molding for comfort on long period usage and superior finish. This unit also houses the speed control switch and reversing switch (not shown).
2) Drilling Head - This operation head is used for drilling and fastening operations as it is fitted with a clutch type clutch and as the combined unit has speed control. The gear ratio for vertical to horizontal transmission is 1:5. It again has rubber grips for holding and comfort of operation.
3) Angle Grinding Head - This operation head can be used for angle grinding, buffing and other operations that a standard hand grinder can do. This head has a locking button to lock the grinding wheel so that its holding nut can be unscrewed to remove the wheel. The transmission ratio is 1:1.
4) Flat Sanding Head - This head can be used for flat sanding wooden and automotive components. This sander uses vibration to aid to its operation. It has an eccentric load which is rotated at a certain rpm and because of shift in load it produces vibration. The sand paper is fitted at the bottom and is clamped inside the body of the sander. An ergonomic handle is provided to hold the sander. The transmission ratio is kept 1:1.
5) Drum Sanding Head - This head can be used for sanding timber and flooring, furniture and lots more. This sander uses rotation of abrasive material on a drum. For transmitting power from the vertical to horizontal drive train, to the drum a timing belt and pulley is used. The vertical to horizontal drive train has gear ratio of 1:9 and the timing pulleys and belt have a ratio of 1:1. The drum can be easily removed by the removing the removable side of the sander.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Type of entry:individual
Number of times previously entering contest:never
Karan's favorite design and analysis tools:AutoCAD 2012,Autodesk Inventor
Karan's hobbies and activities:Readings, Gaming
Karan is inspired by:The global space issue inspires me to make my design as compact as possible without losing it's utilitarian value.
Software used for this entry:Autocad 2012 and Autodesk 3ds max