IMMEDIATE NEED FOR AND EFFICIENT CLEAN ENERGY WIND ENERGY
World is looking for renewable energy as a clean source of electrical energy. Hence there is a need to find efficient ways to tap this source. It is understood currently windmills have efficiencies of the order of 15 to 20 % only. Many seem to have assumed that Betz’s formula gives the ultimate efficiency and have wrongly interpreted the Betz’s formula. I did notice that coefficient as computed in is 16/27 and puts an upper limit of 59% for wind energy extractable- which – I have shown is in error. The coefficient should have been 26 /27 = 96.29% and not 16/27. Hence we need to work towards far higher efficiencies. My intention is to show that we could consider extracting almost entire energy available in the wind as possible. Basically windmill design needs to change.
1. It is a conveyorized, dual generator, high efficiency, omni- directional,, windmill- with least and low weight moving parts.
2. It is horizontal axis type generator, but vertical axis wind capture
3. Undoubtedly this is a low cost, high efficiency windmill as per broad specs laid down at the beginning.
4. It does not violate any of the fundamental laws of physics, meets Betz’s law.
5. Efforts have been made to see how wind velocity can be dropped as needed by Betz’s law.
6. The moving part here is only the wind blocker guided by the rudder.
7. Scaling this concept to higher wattages is possible.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Name: Mohan Divekar
Type of entry: individual
Number of times previously entering contest:2
Mohan's favorite design and analysis
COMSOL, LT SPICE
Mohan's hobbies and activities:
Hindustani classical Music, walking,yoga etc
Mohan belongs to these online communities:
sometimes on Facebook -
Mohan is inspired by:
Inspiration, enthusiasm, inner desire to contribute to society and make a huge difference- especially in the field of clean technologies.
Software used for this entry:
Patent status: none