The Nortilus is a human powered underwater pleasure craft.
Suspended from floatation devices and an integral snorkel, it allows the operator an underwater experience just feet below the water surface. The pedal arrangement turns a rear mounted propeller and hand controlled levers which provide rudder movement for directional control.
Designed to cruise at a relaxing low speed for enjoying the sea life in shallow waters for durations set by the operator.
Construction is simple and mostly of molded engineered plastic . The hull construction can be made simpler for fabrication purposes and minimal space occupation during storage.
Inflatable air ballons made from plastic/fabric can be packed into the hull.
This is a unique concept that can be made and sold inexpensively to enthusiasts for hours of underwater fun.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
- Name:Chander Saini
- Type of entry:individual
- Number of times previously entering contest:2
- Chander's favorite design and analysis tools:Pro-E
- For managing CAD data Chander's company uses:PTC Pro/INTRALINK
- Chander's hobbies and activities:aviation, cosmology, music
- Chander is inspired by:Almost infinite number number of ideas out there that remain to be found.
- Software used for this entry:ProE
- Patent status:none