In today's world, airplanes and skyscrapers are the places where the risk to life is very high. People hesitate to board airplanes or work in multi-story buildings but there is no way out so, we have to take the risk.
It it true that surviving an airplane crash or collapsing building is very hard because we can't do anything in such situations. So, therefore to solve this problem me and my brother have come up with an idea of a life saving crash survival design. We have visualized its use for two situations:
1) surviving airplane crash
2) surviving collapsing building.
1) SURVIVING AIRPLANE CRASH
- Airplane crashes are one of the terrific accidents in which chance of survival is less than 10 percent.
- Our design consists of two layers of lightweight strong metallic cylinders. In-between these cylinders an effective and efficient damper system is introduced to absorb shock of the crash. The whole system is covered with fire repellent coatings or fabrics.
- These cylinders can be made of strong and light metals like graphene or titanium to withstand the impact without compromising the weight of the airplane.
- The passenger sitting arrangement is done inside the inner cylinder.
- When the pilot realizes that the airplane is out of control and crash is imminent then he can leave the cockpit and enters the passenger cylinder and press the eject button.
- The cylinder system will fall down due to gravity and the pilot can open the small four parachute systems to slow down the speed and then open the main parachute.
-This can save life of the people boarded inside and chance of survival increases.
2) SURVIVING COLLAPSING BUILDINGS
- It is almost similar as the airplane surviving design, the only difference is the shape in which it is spherical in shape, because spherical shape objects can be easily taken out from the debris.
- It also contains life saving materials like oxygen cylinder, water and dry fruits. The surface of it is provided with luminescent strip to get detected easily during rescue operations.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Name: A Probin Singha
Type of entry: team
A PROBIN KUMAR SINGHA
A ROBIN KUMAR SINGHA
Number of times previously entering contest:never
A Probin's hobbies and activities:
A Probin is inspired by:
I have boarded airplane only 2 times in my life due to fear and i found no way to escape in case of a crash landing and also i live in northeast India which is high risk earthquake zone where building can collapse easily. I cant see people dying a horrific death so i though of an idea to solve the problem. For the solar idea i am inspired by future needs of renewable energy sources, GPS, to decrease the increasing pollution of earth.
Patent status: none