The SunLight Harvester
The SunLight Harvester is a Mobile Solar Electric Generator and Power Storage System.
The system is designed with two axes of rotation allowing it to track the sun from sunrise to sunset as well as curvilinear mobility to avoid the encroachment of shade. This mobile capability increases the insolation and efficiency of the solar panels. It will overcome the shortfalls of a fixed roof mounted system and homes without a south facing roof. This renewable energy system platform can be used either as a single solar energy platform or as a hybrid system platform with auxiliary units cascaded to the main unit.
The system consists of six independent system modules and is designed with Pre-Planned Product Improvement (P3I) in mind. It will be a single integrated system that combines the six major components into an integrated modular system including:
1) Power Storage Enclosure Carriage, This module is the lower central support module of the system and provides the system mobility. This mobility enables the unit to track the sun and avoid the encroachment of shade.
2) Mast Support and Power Storage Enclosure, This module holds sixteen deep cycle lead acid recyclable batteries. It provides the mast support and ballast for the system.
3) Solar Panel Erector Mast and Wiring Raceway, The central module of the system. It connects the Power Storage module on the bottom of the system to the Power Generating components at the top of the system. It encloses an inner mast that is divided into six electrical raceways and two runways for travel of the Erector Mechanism for the solar panels. It is topped with a combiner mast cap that acts as the combiner box of traditional systems.
4) Solar Panel Brace and Erector Mechanism, This module is comprised of an electric motor and drive screw to elevate the solar panels and the support brace that holds the panels in place. There are also four gas springs to hold the panel support braces level with one another so that each panel receives the same amount of insolation when fully exposed to the sun.
5) Power Conditioning Panel, This module not only holds the inverter and charge controller but provides the connectivity to additional Mobile Solar Generators or other types of generators to form a hybrid system.
6)Power Grid Control and Circuit Selection Panel This module provides the grid connect/disconnect switch, the connection junction box for the hybrid generator units including the Relocatable Solar Generator units cascaded to the main system unit, and a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC).The PLC connects the desired relays to the circuit breakers of the load center.
These six modules integrate into the renewable energy generating system that meets the needs of a broad spectrum of potential customers. The potential customers include the residential communities world wide, small businesses, government organizations for field hospitals in disaster relief areas, the U.N., and military applications.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Name: William Benn
Type of entry: individual
Software used for this entry:
Patent status: patented