The economic status of developing countries like India is broadly determined by agriculture yield, and for the sustainable development of agriculture productivity as well to reduce the unnecessary consumption of water for irrigation, as the water resources depleting is a dangerous threat. Hence there is a need for a smart and efficient irrigation process.
In this project we have implemented a solar plate which charges the battery and can act as a source of power to the whole system along with a moisture sensor that detect the humidity level of the soil (agricultural field) and supplies water to the field when needed. The project is AT mega 328 based design using ARDUINO which controls the motor for the water supply to field be irrigated. The sensor present in the field (soil) will sense the moisture (water) and send the signal to the controller in terms of voltage changes and the controller controls the switching operation of motor with the help of a relay. The status of the motor is known to the farmer who is away from the field with the help of GSM module interfacing.
We started to think about a system, which would:
1. Detect the actual moisture content (water) in the soil.
2. Be cost effective.
3. Automatically turn on and off the irrigation motor.
4. Send back a message to the operator about the status of motor.
And thus came the brainstorm to build the "Low cost GSM based solar power auto Irrigation System” prototype.
* To provide a low cost GSM based solar power auto irrigation system that can be implemented in irrigation especially by the farmers of developing countries like India, using ARDUINO (ATMEGA328) microcontroller.?
* To develop a GSM based module to gain status of the switching operation of motor used for irrigation.?
* To provide a low cost GSM based solar power auto irrigation system that can be implemented in irrigation especially by the farmers of developing countries like India, using ARDUINO (ATMEGA328) microcontroller.
* To develop a GSM based module to gain status of the switching operation of motor used for irrigation
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Name: Nageswara Rao Kudithi
Type of entry: team
MR. NAGESWARA RAO KUDITHI
Mr Pallav kumar
Mr Sushant Gupta
Mr Vishwajeet Vikash
Software used for this entry:
Patent status: pending