Nebulization therapy is an efficient method of administering drugs which revolutionized the treatment of respiratory disorders such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The demand for efficient and controlled operation of the nebulization process with Microelectronics has driven to fundamental changes in nebulizer technologies. In this paper we designed a simple and effective technological solution that overcomes the many problems related to nebulizer system. The control circuit is designed and implemented for the jet type nebulizer.
AIR COMPRESSOR NEBULIZER UNIT
A compressor Nebulizer machine is a high air pressure, low noise machine which operates on the AC power source. Motor is used to compress the atmospheric air to vaporize the liquid medicine for inhalation. When the system is turned ON, it begins to compress air and force it through an opening in a steady jet stream.
PROBLEM ADDRESSED BY THE EXISTING AIR COMPRESSOR NEBULIZER UNIT
1. No automatic turn-OFF of the Nebulizer Unit.
2. No timer circuit to make compressor to run for stipulated time prescribed by the Doctor.
3. No counter to count the number of time unit is used per day.
4. No read out for Compressors output pressure. If the Compressor Output pressure is below its operating range nebulization process will not be at required level and there will be a wrong diagnosis as the Lungs is getting even worse and there is a chance to increase the dosage level instead changing the instrument.
5. If the Count of the use is increased above the prescribed value there is no provision to alarm or record the no. of times the nebulization used by the patient.
6. No display for the view of timer value ( to keep the nebulizer in ON state) and an alarm circuit to alarm if the count value of the nebulization increases the Prescribed count per day
7. An communication medium between Nebulizer and guardian to know the working of nebulizer viz., to text if the count value exceeds the limit prescribed by the doctor, if the compressor output pressure is not at the rated value
SOLUTION TO THE ABOVE PROBLEM ADDRESSED:
1. Treatment time can be set as per the physician’s instruction, after the set time the compressor turns OFF automatically.
2. The control circuit alerts the patient if the count value of the nebulization process increases beyond the prescribed count by the physician. The count value is also communicated to the guardian and physician via GSM module.
3. The Compressor operation is sensed by a pressure sensor and malfunctions if any is known to guardian via GSM module.
4. Display is used to monitor the Timer, count value, and compressor output air pressure value required for nebulization process.
5. The patient can use the unit by their own without the help of instructor, the unit does not requires a special knowledge in using and cleaning as needed in ultrasonic and vibrating mesh nebulizers.
6. The unit can be used by the children and aged-people at ease
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Name:Vignnesh Babu Karthik
Type of entry:teamTeam members:Mr.T.KARTHIK ,ASSISTANT, PROFESSOR
Mr.M.R.VIGNNESH BABU, LECTURER
Mr. M.ANISH, STUDENT
Vignnesh Babu is inspired by:DESIGN CAME OUT AFTER FACING PRACTICAL DIFFICULTIES (MYSELF) AND SOLVED THE PROBLEM BY JUST ADDING SIMPLE CONTROL CIRCUIT TO EXISTING MODELS. SO MANY HEALTH HAZARDS CAN BE PREVENTED BY SIMPLE CIRCUIT ADDITION
I LIKE THE SAYINGS
TRY TO DO THINGS DIFFERENT RATHER DOING DIFFERENT THINGS