AIM OF THE PROJECT
To control the speed of vehicles at restricted areas in cities (viz. school zone, hospital zone) with certain speed limits posted on the roads.
- Here we are using an RFID card reader in identifying the speed limit mentioned on the road, which is interfacing with the controller.
- RFID has a key role in our project.
In this project we use two circuits. One is a transmitter and the second is a receiver circuit. In both circuits we use an 89s52 controller. In the receiver circuit we use 89s52 with ADC and LCD display. LCD display the set value of speed and speed of accelerometer. In the receiver circuit we use Ht12D as a decoder to receive the RF frequency signal. In the receiver circuit we use 433 Mhtz receiver and at the transmitter circuit we use a 433 Mhtz transmitter circuit. In the transmitter circuit we use HT12e as encoder components. With the help of two up-down switches we set the limit for 3 values. 20,30,40,50 and 60. is maximum set value. Third switch is enter switch. When we press the enter switch then the circuit starts the motor. By this we can control speed by the RF system.
COMPONENTS USED IN THIS PROJECT
• MICRO CONTOLLER (AT89S52)
• RFID CARD
• MAX 232
• DC MOTOR
• MOTOR DRIVER
HOW IT WORKS
- Based on RFID principle, whenever the RFID card reads certain frequencies (speed in this case), the vehicle speed reduces to that limit of speed.
- This limit of speed is maintained until the frequency changes.
- As soon as the vehicle crosses over the speed limit zone, it moves with its own speed.
- Embedded ‘C’
- Keil µvision3. Keil is used to compile the program written in embedded C and convert it to HEX file.
- Express PCB.
- C Source Compiler.
- Accidents are avoided at least in the speed restricted areas such as school and hospital zones.
- Moreover it also ensures efficient transportation of vehicles.
- Restricted areas are controlled automatically rather than manually.
- Ease of checking process at highways and check points.
- The proposed on-board architecture is portable and easily adaptable to any commercial car with minimal modifications.
- The speed control of a vehicle on the road which can help to decrease one of the major causes of fatalities: the excessive or inadequate vehicle speed.
- Since active RFID technology enables detection of the presence and identity of the vehicles reliably and sufficiently in advance, corrective actions on the vehicle’s behavior can be taken.
- The vehicle’s speed is successfully controlled as a result of the detection of the signals, increasing the driver’s safety.