Hyprevention develops, manufactures and sells innovative implantable medical devices addressing public health issue: osteoporosis.
2 products to date:
V-STRUT© is indicated for the treatment of vertebral compression fracture due to osteoporosis or tumorous bone lesions in the thoracic or lumbar spine (FDA approved in 2020).
Y-STRUT®, is indicated for patients at risk of hip fractures due to osteoporosis or bone metastases localised in the proximal femur (FDA approval planned for 2022).
Unique solution to restore the position and the height of the vertebra.
Unique technology allowing the load transfer between the anterior part of the vertebra (vertebral body) and the posterior part to reduce adjacent fractures while controlling the injection of cement to prevent leakage.
Compare to the marketplace (vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty with balloon or implant), Hyprevention Strutplasty provides tremendous benefits:
- Surgeries successfully done in 20 minutes -> cost saving.
- Easy surgeons training, no technical risks and direct effect on patient pain relieving.
- No metal implants, only PEEK polymer and cement is used.
- Target market: 1 billion € (estimated for Y-STRUT®: 300 m€ & V-STRUT©: 800 m€)
- The PEEK polymer tube is simply manufactured in different sizes according to the patient body. The tools for the surgery are customized to allow a fast and safe surgery.
- According to the simplicity of the tools and the PEEK polymer tube, the cost of the material produced is much below the competition, allowing higher margin.