What problem does your design idea solve?
What are the potential benefits?
How is your idea novel or an improvement on what is currently available in the marketplace?
Where would this idea be applied?
What is the market potential?
How does your design work?
How would your product be manufactured?
How would the production cost compare with products already in the marketplace?
1. The ability to store large amounts of heat energy during sunny days to be used at a later time. To create a new market that uses infrared radiation from the solar network.
2. The benefits are that less energy is wasted instead of using heat in a coal power plant to create steam to create electricity to distribute electricity to residents to heat water again for home use. The infrared radiation is collected from the sun, is distributed directly to the homes where they can store the energy in a thermal fluid to use for water heating. It also generates electricity with thermoelectric generators from the temperature difference. The thermoelectric material slows the heat transfer so that the water does not boil.
3. This invention is novel because can be attached to any home water heater, electric or natural gas, and it is powered by infrared radiation.
4. This idea would be applied to any industrial or residential building
5. The market potential is any customer that wants a more efficient house/business with less energy bills, and a huge reduction of green house gas emissions.
6. The design works by using the solar network to collect and distribute metered infrared radiation that is used to heat up a thermal fluid (molten salt, or some type of oil) to be stored in a heavily insulated container. Variable volume depending on demands of application. The thermal fluid can then be used to preheat water before it enters a conventional water heater so they don’t need to use electricity or natural gas to heat it up. The heat could also be used to power an adsorption chiller to chill a thermal fluid for storage. The thermal storage should last till the next time it is sunny if it is properly insulated.
8. This is the only product in this market segment.