At present, passengers alighting at Airports/train stations or taking a ride after any event (music sports events), try to book cabs on arrival or after the close of the event
Characteristics of these scenarios
- Travel/Event tickets are pre booked, usually online
- Large number of people require rides in a short window of time. Rides are mostly taken on individual basis, rather than shared rides.
Collect additional travel information at the time of booking
- Collect Destination address
- Collect additional info like luggage, co-passenger gender preference etc.
- Get consent for advance taxi booking or rideshare
- Collect payment (optional) and confirm
Innovation: Fleet/Event management companies plan in advance shared rides based on destination, luggage and personal preferences
- Improve utilization of fleets (like Uber/Ola). Fleets can be better deployed (numbers and category of vehicles). Better customer satisfaction
- Customer: Avoid long waits for getting rideshare which is common today at most airports and events. Validated co-passengers (most online aggregators ask for ID proofs)
- Additional service opportunity for event aggregators like Makemytrip, Bookmyshow etc.
- Smartcity: Reduce congestion is city by reducing the no of rides (more efficient ride sharing compared to last minute ride share as prevalent now)
- Rideshare can quality for carbon credits
- Cost saving for customers by sharing ride
- At the time of booking, the system can also collect information if the customer is ready to provide his personal vehicle for rideshare to his destination.
- The system can share this info with a few rideshare aggregators (like Quickride) who work on a similar model.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
- Name:Ranjit Abhyankar
- Type of entry:individual
- Patent status:none