Personal Protective Nose Mask (PPNM) - a unique invention for an added protection to doctors, nurses, and the general public to protect themselves from the deadly virus COVID-19 in addition to regular types of face/cloth masks. The coronavirus started emerging in the year 2019 and continued to cause calamity in all parts of the world in 2020 and 2021 with its variants.
PPNM's USPTO Patent Pending.
Technical Drawing & 3D Modeling : Muthukumaran Azhagesan (Father) & Bell Muthukumaran (Son)
Inventor: Muthukumaran Azhagesan
Note: Also, you can check out http://www.autoshields.website for a public list of our innovations including inventions in other categories and a very useful software mobile app (iOS only) as well.
What problem does your design idea solve?
My invention PPNM provides a layer of protection in addition to regular or surgical mask that filters out microbes from entering into the nostrils, thereby ensuring additional safety for Physicians and Nurses who treat people with transmittable diseases(example: COVID-19)
What are the potential benefits? Life saving
How does your design work?
As shown in my prototype + animation + modeling YouTube video, my devices is worn in the nose, and when the user breathes, it automatically filters out the harmful microbes and also dust particles as well.
How is your idea novel or an improvement on what is currently available in the marketplace?
A close competitor to this/my invention are the face masks. This invention filters out the microbes(i.e. viruses etc....) as a final layer of protection which the regular mask fails to.
Where would this idea be applied?
Imagine 2020 Pandemic before COVID vaccine was invented. This invention would've saved more lives due to its design ease of use and enhanced filtering capability.
What is the market potential? The N95 Masks Market's CAGR 2019 to 2030 is projected to be 11% This invention once manufactured and produced in the market will be yielding a part of the market value estimated to be $6.4 billion (USD).
How would your product be manufactured? Products will be manufactured in the USA with materials and components imported from Asia and/or other parts of the World
How would the production cost compare with products already in the marketplace?
Production cost and pricing structure will be Different from my other inventions mainly due to the sector it serves and also the number of units that needs to be produced when it comes to regular usage (similar to surgical masks, hand gloves, etc...) Detail can be provided to the interested manufacturer.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
- Name:Muthukumaran Azhagesan
- Type of entry:teamTeam members:
- Number of times previously entering contest:2
- Muthukumaran's favorite design and analysis tools:Design: Autodesk Inventor Professional, Microsoft Paint, Powerpoint, Excel, whole MS Office Suite, Github Co Pilot, Open AI, Google Bard, Mac Key Note, MacOS iMovie etc....
- Muthukumaran's hobbies and activities:movies, inventing, AI & ML, books etc.
- Muthukumaran belongs to these online communities:Linkedin.com/in/mazhagesan
- Muthukumaran is inspired by:Great Inventors and Visionaries like Mr. Thomas Edison, Mr. Nikolas Tesla, Mr. Bill Gates, Mr. Elon Musk, Ms. Marie Curie, Mr. G.T. Naidu, and many other accomplished Innovators/Inventors. I've read Enid Blyton stories, and New Scientist Magazine, as a child.
- Software used for this entry:Autodesk Inventor and Microsoft's many products
- Patent status:pending