* Here is a product that increases quality of life in the workplace, at home, during leisure time, or while traveling.
* The proposed novel affordable dual purpose, interior, self-contained, off-grid lighting device is the "Magnetically Mounted Disc-Shaped Light Diffuser", which is an upgrade of the existing model.
* Here are the features of the Magnetically Mounted Disc-Shaped Light Diffuser.
* extreme simplicity
* magnetic mount to switch between mode 1 (task lighting) and mode 2 (room lighting)
* uniform diffusion of light with wide cone angle and no glare
* existing lamp requiring no modification except for adding 2 magnets
* no change in the switch (fool-proof ON/OFF only)
* no additional LED light bulbs required
* no moving parts or mechanism whatsoever
* retrofit of installed lamps possible
* Please refer to the attached detailed drawings for the lighting device design proposed.
* Patent application "Dual-Mode Lighting Device with Magnetically Mounted Light Diffuser" has been filed by the Solver for potential licensing.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Name: Simon Sunatori
Type of entry: individual
Number of times previously entering contest:10
Simon's favorite design and analysis
RunRev LiveCode, iWorks (Numbers.app, Pages.app)
Simon's hobbies and activities:
igloo building, cross-country skiing, cycling
Simon belongs to these online communities:
Simon is inspired by:
Leonardo da Vinci
Hardware used for this entry:
Software used for this entry:
Patent status: pending