What problem does your design idea solve?
· Typical PV solar panels are roof mounted and requires another structural frame to support the panel. Mounting brackets can penetrate the roofing and cause leaks.
· Solar hot-water panels have the same problems; leaking piping requires replacing panels.
· Re-roofing requires removal of PV and hot-water panels.
The Eco-8 roof panels removes the super-heated attic space; removes costs of duplicating materials and systems; and provides easy-upgrades by recoating roof surface with latest thin-film efficient PV technologies.
What are the potential benefits?
The cost of the Eco-8 panel is sub-divided by a structural roof deck; electricity producing panel; thermal hot and cold liquid production; rain water collection system; natural cooling ventilator; a long lasting water-tight roof that is colorful and decorative; super-insulating building envelope and made from recycled metal.
How is your idea novel or an improvement on what is currently available in the marketplace?
The Eco-8 Roof Panel is a multi-tasking PV panel:
E1 – Structural, lightweight panels and roof trusses; hurricane & earthquake resistant. The roof trusses and roof panels can be built in mobile factories on site built; http://www.nuconsteel.com/ and www.bemousa.com
E3 – Solar hot liquid panels for heating water for cooking & bathing; cleaning; heating or cooling under-floor slab; energy conversion to cooling.
· Solar Absorption Chiller: Solar air-conditioner system; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R60mqHzi3uA and http://www.cleantechnologycenter.com/
E4 – Gutters for harvesting rainwater and morning dew into irrigation cisterns; saving water, a scarce and limited natural resource; http://www.rainwaterconnection.com/rainwater_harvesting/basic_components.htm
E5 – Sloped roofing to shed snow, wind and enhance interior airflow for vertical convection and natural ventilation.
E6 – Architectural and weather resistant; extending value and life-cycle costs; colorful and low maintenance coatings. Embedded nano-chip sensors records electrical efficiency; a 30+ year usage notification and the coating is re-finished with an upgraded advanced PV technology.
E7 – Bio-based Soybean Insulation; super insulated; http://www.biobased.net
E8 – Recycled steel used to fabricate panels; reducing cost and energy to manufacture
· Where would this idea be applied?
The Eco-8 panels are installed in new Net-Zero Energy construction, housing, schools, factories and stores. This PV panel will supply electricity directly to where it is needed; with surplus going to the grid.
· How does your design work and manufactured?
Metal roofing manufacturers will substitute painted finishes by applying PV thin-film coating technologies. Processes are automated and minimize redundant routine tasks.
· How would the production cost compare with products already in the marketplace?
By using one product to solve multiple needs, the Life-Cycle Costs can be lowered exponentially.
The best design benefits are NOT having to:
· Extract, transport and process oil, steam, coal, nuclear or bio-fuels.
· Burn fuels that cause heat, air-pollution and residual wastes.
· Build infrastructure that needs piping, processing or transmitting lines.
· Destroy and consume natural resources and transportation costs,
Building the Eco-8 roofing system will put America back to work.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Type of entry:individual
Software used for this entry:AutoCadd