Here is a product that increases quality of life in the workplace, at home, during leisure time, or while traveling.
The proposed novel affordable dual purpose, interior, self-contained, off-grid lighting device is the "Magnetically Mounted Disc-Shaped Light Diffuser," which is an upgrade of the existing model.
Here are the features of the Magnetically Mounted Disc-Shaped Light Diffuser:
* extreme simplicity
* magnetic mount to switch between mode 1 (task lighting) and mode 2 (room lighting)
* uniform diffusion of light with wide cone angle and no glare
* existing lamp requiring no modification except for adding 2 magnets
* no change in the switch (fool-proof ON/OFF only)
* no additional LED light bulbs required
* no moving parts or mechanism whatsoever
* retrofit of installed lamps possible
Please refer to the attached detailed drawings for the lighting device design proposed.
Patent application "Dual-Mode Lighting Device with Magnetically Mounted Light Diffuser" has been filed by the Solver for potential licensing.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Type of entry:individual
Number of times previously entering contest:10
Simon's favorite design and analysis tools:RunRev LiveCode, iWorks (Numbers.app, Pages.app)
Simon's hobbies and activities:igloo building, cross-country skiing, cycling
Simon belongs to these online communities:InventNet Forum
Simon is inspired by:Leonardo da Vinci
Software used for this entry:RunRev LiveCode