What problem does your design idea solve?
What are the potential benefits?
How is your idea novel or an improvement on what is currently available in the marketplace?
Where would this idea be applied?
What is the market potential?
How does your design work?
How would your product be manufactured?
How would the production cost compare with products already in the marketplace?
1. My idea solves the problem of people selling their whole prescription right when they get it. It will also stop suicides because you cant get all the pills at once. It will also help drug addicts take less dosages over time to help them stop their addiction.
2. The benefits are that it stops prescription drugs from being distributed so freely. Stops people from getting an overdose accidentally or intentionally.
3. My idea is an improvement because there is nothing stopping you from selling a whole bottle of narcotics for hundreds or thousands of dollars right when you get it, and you cant stop people from abusing the drugs without my idea.
4. This idea could be applied at pharmacies across the country and the world. You receive the controlled prescription dispenser filled with your drugs at the pharmacy. When you are done with the prescription you turn back in your dispenser to be refilled. If you lose or someone stole it you have to file a police report to be able to get your prescription refilled
5. The market potential is everyone that gets prescribed a mind altering drug.
6. My design works by having the pills contained inside a cylinder container with vanes sticking out radially with a pill in between each vane. The independent radial vanes are stacked vertically for increased prescription sizes. When one radial vane is empty it moves the the next level till that one is complete and so on. To access a pill you turn a child proof lock that moves one notch for 1 radial vane at a time inside exposing 1 pill at a time to take. Then the dispenser locks until the reuse timer is up (varies based on the prescription and patient). Say you have to wait 6 hours in between dosages, if you wait 8 hours before you take your dose you have to wait another 6 hours before you can take another dose. There is a red light if you have to wait and when the light is green you can take another pill. In order to refill your prescription you have to turn in the dispenser to get it refilled, so you cant break it open and get the pills because you wont be able to get a refill. possible use of gps in the dispencer if the battery can last as long as the prescription.
7. It could be made with 3d printing/additive manufacturing with strong resin or plastic
8. The dispenser will be more expensive than generic bottles, but it is reusable and reprogrammable.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Type of entry:individual
Software used for this entry:none