The main objective of this project is to determine the characteristics of accidents involving vehicle submersion and to overcome these characters to save the human life.
This can be made possible by designing a vehicle along with a hull beneath it, in such a way, that it overcomes the upright buoyancy force and prevents the vehicle from submersion. Our aim is to support the vehicle which is more vulnerable to such kind of disaster by providing extra support and balancing effect. Our method will prove to be the lifesaving factor for those who feel that their carelessness turns into sudden tragedy. The composite material involving material selection for the best support and also ensure the stability and comfort during the vehicle run.The real world cases involving vehicle submersion indicate that most vehicles experience multiple impacts and rollover prior to submersion.
The occupants within the vehicle are at significant risk of being seriously or fatally injured prior to the submersion event and therefore, unable to exit the vehicle.
In addition, the windows are generally shattered due to the impacts and rollover prior to submersion, thereby making commercial products that are marketed as safety tools to break windows unnecessary in most submersion events.
The objective of our project are:-
• Design a vehicle to overcome upright buoyancy effect.
• Calculation of center of gravity and metacentric height of a vehicle using mathematical expression.
• Analyze center of gravity using analysis software.
• Compare theoretical and analysis value of center of gravity.
• Fabrication of vehicle based on our design.
• The final step is to test the vehicle experimentally.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Name: Mathan Kumar Kaliappan
Type of entry: team
Software used for this entry:
creo parametric 1.0 , ansys
Patent status: none