Supplementary and retrofittable wind turbine expansion with vertical rotors in connection to existing or new wind turbines.
(Dipl.?Ing. Derik Tesche / firstname.lastname@example.org)
This development refers to the tower of a wind turbine at its Installed outside wall vertical rotors are, in addition, the main rotor to generate power (See sketch).
- low start-up speed of 2-3 m / s wind speed
- available from energy outgoing lines and facilities
- to exploit the existing geometrical height up to 150 m / 450 feed high masts for higher and consistent wind speeds ties
- improve efficiency by running back into the wind shade Rotor surfaces
- minimum or low static load
- high torque at low speed
- storm-proof by design speed independent power limit
- Ensuring the power supply and control of the Horizontal rotor with tornado related line break
- causes low noise emissions high
- Tolerance to turbulence and squally wind conditions, because the vertical rotors by their Inertia can compensate abrupt flow change well
- low maintenance costs due to simple design
- Energy without any additional sealing of floor space
- Lower manufacturing of vertical rotors due to series production rather than individual productions
The expected energy yield per year for an average wind speed of 6 m / s (Offshore), a mast height of 100 m / 300 feet and 9 vertical rotors in a semicircle (movable Attachment) with S322 wind turbine (www.helixwind.com) is:
Basic: 600.000 kWh / year
Optimistic: 1.300.000 kWh / year
Conservative: 300.000 kWh / year
State of the art
1. Wind turbine with horizontal rotor
Current wind turbines consist of a foundation, mast / tower of the wind turbine, the mast structure with a horizontal wind tracked the windmill. This turbine is so far the only source of energy-producing wind turbine.
2. Savonius vertical rotor
This rotor is a so-called resistance rotor on the house-in / on Industrial roofs and facades is used. The German MRT-WIND.com company sells these vertical rotors for producing electricity in cities like Chicago.
The object of this development is the construction of a conventional wind turbine with horizontal wind turbine, through the additional application of vertical rotors on the mast of the energy yield to increase wind turbine.
Also, the adjustable rotor types of shovel-shaped (non-) leaves, wings or fins to be executed.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Name: Derik Tesche
Type of entry: individual
Derik is inspired by:
...to save the numbers of windmills by higer efficacy
Software used for this entry:
Patent status: pending