We are developing an adaptable human-electric trike that fits into our vision of cities of the near-future. Yax is an efficient vehicle for getting through urban traffic and carrying loads beyond a bicycle's capability. It also goes in spaces where trucks and vans can't go.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Wide-open deck platform with 600lb cargo load capacity. Maximum volume while still fitting within a bike lane.
- Raised rider position improves mutual visibility
- Pedelec throttle control that senses the rider's pedal effort to provide electric assist
- Integrated brake, turn lights, and horns for safety
- Tadpole trike configuration with two front hub motors for stability and traction
- Goes in reverse which allows it to move in tighter spaces
We’ve built two working prototype vehicles which demonstrate aspects of the vehicle: mechatronics system, movement modes, digital connectivity, frame design, and cargo platform.
Check out our video to see it in action!
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Name: Nicholas Wong
Type of entry: team
Daniel Wendlek Nick Wong
Nicholas is inspired by:
Making cities more livable, fun, and connected.
Software used for this entry:
Patent status: none