A Portable Surgical Guide with Laser System for Abduction and Anteversion Measuring
This device set assists to accurately position the acetabular cup in hip replacement surgeries.
Advantages to using this system are:
1. No expensive and large equipment required in the operating room.
2. This is a single use hand-held device that can be used with multiple acetabular reamer driver brands.
3. There is No assembly in the OR to prep this device. It comes ready to use right out of the package.
4. A Digital Inclinometer is used to measure the required angles, instead of cumbersome mechanical methods.
5. Device is used for Abduction and Anteversion angular measurements.
6. This device can be used by Right or Left handed surgeons.
7. There are No external wires/cables.
8. There are No external power sources required.
One of the most important reasons to use this medical device is because inaccurate placement of the hip cup correlates with premature wear of the prosthesis, higher risk of dislocation, and a smaller range of motion after total hip surgery.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Name:Steven De Leon
Type of entry:teamTeam members:Steven De Leon Bart Dalton William Head, MD
Software used for this entry:SolidWorks