Traditional rice cultivation system is very expensive and a labor intensive cumbersome procedure. Initially to raise the seedlings itself……..one has to take extra care for preparation of the seedling growing bed, sowing of seeds, weeding, uprooting, caring, storing and lots more. Transplantation is another giant problem.
This bulk of activities make it expensive and labor intensive.
In underdeveloped countries, 70% of farmers belong to lower income group. For daily bread and butter they depend mainly on rice cultivation only. They do not have case in hand to engage hired labor.
Looking at those problems, came up with this alternative process of growing seedlings using conventional nursery concept. This has become indoor activities with this process...no skill is required. All family member of the farmer can do it.
But while preparing the nursery capsule, no external packet like plastic or other materials are used. Rather we are using only semi solid soil and cow dung and plant protection material to prepare the nursery capsule. Tools like knife/pizza cutter and a roller are required. With this device any ordinary person can produce minimum 10,000 capsule per day, in home campus itself.
This technology support and helps SRI (System of Rice Intensification) process.
The process is such that only one or two seeds enter into the capsule. The size of the capsule is 1 x 1 inch cube.
Process of making the capsule:
1) Prepare a thin (half inch) bed of mixed up soil with fertilizer and plant protection material.
2) The sprouted paddy seed is to be sprayed above it.
3) Press and insert the paddy into the bed with the help of a roller.
4) Slice the soil bed with a knife to get capsules (encapsulated paddy seed) in the cube form.
5) After three days you will notice the small plant growing
6) Since it is in the capsule form, transplantation becomes easy. One can just throw it in the field when it is 7 to 14 days old.
As per SRI (System of Rice Intensification)
1) Seedling should be transplanted within a period 7 to 14 days.
2) Seedling should not go beyond 1 and ½ inches into the soil.
3) Only one seedling in one go.
4) Spacing should be minimum 10”.
5) Root of the seedling should not be of J or U shape.
6) The parent seed attached to the root should remain attached to the saplings, as this parent seed provides the required nutrition to the plant up to 21 days.
This encapsulated direct paddy sowing procedure can fulfill all Internationally fixed parameter for high yield. Also making the rice production process less costly, less labor intensive, and reduces drudgery and very scientific.
This process is equally suitable for all type of land (up land, low land).
This process also reduces the total time of rice production.
Transplanting machines or skilled transplanting worker are not required.
ABOUT THE ENTRANT
Name: Uddhab Bharali
Type of entry: individual
Number of times previously entering contest:3
Uddhab's favorite design and analysis
The particular one, which really looks impossible , is my favorite.Innovation has become my profession.For designing I always prefer manual isometric drawing.
Uddhab's hobbies and activities:
Uddhab belongs to these online communities:
Uddhab is inspired by:
The character named Mr. Atabur ,a poor farmer, approached for all out assistance to survive as he has lost both his hands in an accident on 2016. I have helped him with one self feeding and self cleaning device.Now he needs survival back up support. Just to placed him back in his former profession I just desined one leg pressed especially designed shovel and this SMART SHOE WEEDER.
Software used for this entry:
Patent status: none