Design and construction of the dielectric cell
• A parallel plate dielectric cell developed using 3D printing, Laser cutting and traditional machining techniques.
• Electrodes (guarded and unguarded) and threaded rod obtained from aluminum rod using traditional machine techniques.
• Attach two copper wires to the guard ring (guard electrode), one to the guarded electrode, and one to the unguarded electrode
Importance and Application
• This technology helps in performing the dielectric spectroscopy of materials suitable for energy storage at a very low cost that even students can use.
• Easy to fabricate and easy to operate.
• Obtain dielectric measurements with ease; no training is required.
• Hook the dielectric cell to an LCR meter to assess the capacitance, the dissipation factor, the resistance, the impedance, and inductance of the material under test (MUT)
• The material under test (the composite material) should have the same diameter as the unguarded electrode and it should be sandwiched between the electrodes.