The Underwater Electricity Generator works on principle of transforming Pressure and Kinetic Energy of water into Electrical Energy by rotary motion, which is first of its kind.
- Target of 8000 GW
- Apprehend Pressure and Kinetic Energy.
- Continuous power generation irrespective of weather and load variations.
- Something new and unique, which shall be powerful, efficient and useful for at-least 200 years.
- Primary influence is of Pressure Energy acting on large hydrofoil areas at varying depths.
- As waves and tides have periodic occurrence of ‘2’ every 24 hours, hence termed secondary influence, which is neglected so that we can design self-sustaining rotary generator.
- Using Cartesian System, SI Units and considering positive angle in clockwise direction.
Revised model of Ferris wheel is conceptualized, because large surface area, high pressure difference and continuous rotary motion can be achieved with ease in construction and maintenance.
- Revised Ferris wheel diameter including hydrofoil is 1000m, which is supported by one sided tripod frame on both sides.
- I have designed hydrofoil having surface area of 400*200 m² with max thickness of 22m at center, made of aluminium alloy to reduce mass moment of inertia.
- Circular coupling at center of hydrofoil allows it to rotate on its own axis through motors.
- Total 6 hydrofoils are incorporated at 60° from each other affixed to frame’s cylindrical structure by I-Beams.
- Cylinder has a diameter of 200m and length 400m, which houses electricity generators.
- Cylinder has support structure attached on its faces, fixed by cylindrical beams of 10m diameter to ground.
Marking (0,0) as the center point for Underwater Electricity Generator’s(UEG) structure, and along its axis all 6 hydrofoils rotate. The hydrofoil on positive x-axis is named foil-1; the next is foil-2 in clockwise direction, and so on till foil-6
- UEG works on difference in pressure forces on hydrofoils, on either side of y-axis.
- Weight of foils is neglected as 3 blades are mounted on both side of y-axis, which balances out.
- Considering foil-1, at 0° angle and at a depth of 500m, total force exerted on whole surface area is F1= -3.924E11 N
Considering foil-4, at 270° angle and at a depth of 500m, total force exerted on whole surface area is F4= -4.3164E10 N
∆F14= F1-F4= -3.49236E11 N
Similarly, foil 2 and 3 at a depth of 782.84m and angle of 45° and 120° respectively
∆F23= F2-F3= -1.2724E11 N
- Foil 5 and 6 align themselves in a manner that, they can harness maximum kinetic energy from waves and tides. (But neglected, as stated in methodology)
- Net Force acts in downward and clockwise direction, triggering the turbine to rotate around its axis
- Angle of attack of hydrofoils keeps varying with respect to the position and depth in water, resulting in utmost efficiency and performance.
Considering 50% efficiency, 7484 GW power is produced by Underwater Electricity Generator. UEG's size can-be varied according to requirements.