1) Various e-scooter companies (backed by venture capital) are rolling out their products in the market - the focus is major cities around the globe.
2) None of the companies have so far convincingly addressed the safety concerns related to not providing head protection as part of the actual rental process. And their customers often simply do not carry any head protection (even if it given away for free) with them.
3) The result is a growing number of head injuries. CNET reported on 28 November 2018 that "Injured scooter riders are flooding US emergency rooms. Accident rates could be as high as 1,000 per month.".
1) The Böwler Flying Helmet combines a drone and a safety helmet into one single product. It provides head protection whenever it is needed.
2) Böwler autonomously flies to any given starting point and flies away when the user has reached the destination.
3) Böwler can be seamlessly integrated into the offering of e-scooters (e.g. as part of the app interface).
4) ETA is communicated via the app.
5) Böwler Charging Stations can be installed on existing city infrastructure (either solar powered or with access to the grid).